Booking a hotel in advance? Could be a scam, avoid this
To make Valentine's Day special, people have started preparations several days in advance. In such a situation, many people are making advance booking of hotels. But as a special day approaches, scammers also become active to defraud people, in such a situation it is important to be alert. Because of this you may suffer huge loss. One small mistake and your bank account could be empty.
To avoid this type of scam, you should keep many things in mind. With their help, you can avoid becoming a victim of scam while booking a hotel.
How to avoid scams in online advance booking of hotels
- First of all, the official website should be used for any booking.
- Use only official and verified websites like MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Goibibo, etc.
- Check the website URL and make sure it starts with HTTPS. Check the security certificate of the website.
- Visit the official website of the hotel, read contact details and reviews. Check out the hotel's social media pages. Before booking, please check its reviews and ratings. Check reports or negative reviews made against the hotel.
- Search by typing the name of the hotel on Google. Look carefully at the hotel photos and facility services. Many times scammers put up fake images on hotels with some other name.
Don't be tempted by offers and discounts
Avoid fake offers shown on social media like Instagram, Facebook or YouTube etc. Do not fall prey to tempting offers and discounts and be careful. Read the terms and conditions of the offer carefully. Check the validity of the offer.
read this also
Be careful before making a transaction
Once the booking is done, scammers demand advance payment, due to which people make the advance payment first. After this, on reaching the hotel, it is found that their booking has not been done at all. Avoid clicking on any payment link and transferring money.