Stolen-lost phone will be found with the help of the government.Image Credit source: File Photo
Sanchar Saathi Portal: Union IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnav has launched ‘Sanchar Saathi’ portal. This is considered a big step in the telecom world, because theft and missing have been reported from this portal. phone location Will be able to track. Apart from this, many types of facilities will also be benefited. People are very worried about the fact that when their phone is stolen or lost, its location is not known. However, if such a situation comes with you, then you can find out the location of the phone by the method mentioned here.
To solve the problems of the people, the government has introduced three services under the Sanchar Saathi portal. It will not only trace the location of the stolen-lost phone, but will also remove the problems related to SIM connection. Let us see how the Sanchar Saathi portal can be taken advantage of.
Sanchar Saathi Portal – This is how it will be beneficial
The central government has provided three services in the Sanchar Saathi portal.
- Central Equipment Identity Register (CIER)
- Know Your Mobile (KYM)
- AI and facial recognition powered solution (ASTR)
The government will help you with these three services. If there are problems with the phone and SIM, then definitely take the help of a communication partner.
Phone tracking and blocking process
If your phone is stolen or lost, you can block the phone on Sanchar Saathi. For this you have to register on the portal. However, before visiting this portal, register an FIR in the police, because without giving a complaint to the police, you will not be able to use this portal. See the complete process to use the Sanchar Saathi portal here.
- First of all go to https://sancharsaathi.gov.in portal.
- Select Block Your Lost/Stolen Mobile on Citizen Centric Services option
- Now a form will open, in which enter name, address, mobile details, IMEI, police FIR/complaint number etc.
- After this fill the details of the owner of the mobile and upload the identity certificate.
- After filling the captcha code, enter OTP and tick the declaration box.
- Check the form thoroughly and click on the submit button.
- After this your phone will be blocked and no other person will be able to use it.
how to unblock phone
- This Link You can also unblock the smartphone by clicking on it.
- Here enter the request ID received while blocking the phone.
- Now type the mobile number and specify the reason for unblocking.
- After this enter the captcha code and enter the OTP received on the mobile.
- Finally click on submit. Your phone will be unblocked.
Will get benefit from KYM and ASTR
If you want to find out how many SIMs are running with your name or ID, then you can take the help of Know Your Mobile (KYM). This service tells by using AI algorithm how many numbers are running on your name or ED. You can also deactivate the SIM by visiting KYM. SIM connection can be stopped even if the phone is stolen or lost. That’s why you can download KYM app from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
On the other hand, AI and facial recognition powered solution (ASTR) helps in detecting SIM card fraudsters. This makes the safety of the users more concrete. Through ASTR, the government is trying to reduce cybercrime.