With the help of Telecom Ministry Portal, you can easily check how many SIM cards are currently running on your ID. Follow this process to block these SIM cards.
How to Prevent Sim Swap: Nowadays new cases of fraud are coming to the fore. In some cases, without the knowledge of the user, more than one SIM card is running on his ID. In such a situation, many times the fraud will happen somewhere else from the SIM and legal action can be taken against you. If the SIM is on your ID, then you can get trapped in any fraud. Let us tell you that someone else is using the SIM on your ID, then you can easily block it and also check whether another SIM is activated on your ID or not. To get out of this problem, the Indian Telecom Department has launched a portal.
With the help of this portal, you can easily check how many SIM cards are currently running on your ID. If a SIM card is running on your ID without your knowledge, then you can get it closed. According to the government guidelines, apart from some selected users, a user can take only 9 mobile connections on one ID. To check how many sims are activated on your ID, for this you have to follow this process.
Check like this whether any fraud sim is activated on your ID or not
- To check this, first log in to https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/alert.php portal.
- Enter your mobile number in it and enter the OTP on the portal.
- After this process, you will see the complete details of the active connection.
- User can also send request to block the number.
- After your request, a ticket ID will be sent to you by the department. With this you can track your sent request.
- SIM can be blocked within a week of your request.
If you have not requested to get the fraud sim blocked, then let us tell you that it can be a burden on you. In such a situation, you may also have to eat the air of jail. If there is any fraud with another SIM issued on your ID, action will be taken against it.