Instagram Scam Alert: Fraud on Instagram, scammers asking for money by stealing name-photo from profileImage Credit source: Freepik
If you also keep your profile public on Instagram, then be careful, nowadays new online scam cases are coming to the fore, in which scammers come up with something new every day. Recently, a case has come to the fore in which scammers have started asking for money from the followers of an Instagram user by creating a fake ID by stealing his photo and name from his profile.
Also read: Xiaomi’s upcoming tablet will soon enter, see features and design
This is how followers were made crazy by making fake profiles
This matter does not end here, the scammer asks for money by messaging different followers in different ways. In this, he is also chatting with some users and is asking them for their bank details. The user in whose name the scammer had created the account came to know about this when his followers told him about the message.
Someone on Instagram has created a fake ID by taking photos from my account and using my name in it and is asking money from my followers.
Fake ID: https://t.co/iKEvsTjfoS
some screenshots 👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/OskKO5EVSr
— Archana Singh (@thearchanasingh) June 5, 2023
See these screenshots here to know about this whole matter. In this, you will clearly know how scammers are asking money from followers by creating fake profiles on Instagram.
These are the ways to avoid
If you get any such message, then before sharing any detail, call and talk to that person directly and confirm whether it is real or fake profile.
- If you are an Instagram influencer or do business with Instagram then you should be careful.
- Take a screenshot on your Instagram profile and put a story and mention the fake profile link.
- This will alert your followers and you will not give money thinking that fake profile.
- After this report that account and ask the rest of your followers to report that account as well.
- After some time that fake account will be closed.
- Note that it is very important to inform the police about this whole matter and do complain on the cybercrime portal.
- In this, explain all the screenshots and the whole matter properly and file an e-FIR.
Also read: Make in India: Smartphones in UK company India after Apple, this will be beneficial