Satyajit Ray’s name is written in golden letters in the pages of the history of Indian cinema. He was given the Bharat Ratna in the year 1992. Earlier in 1984, he was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
History of today.
India’s stunner at this year’s Oscars. movie rrr songs Natu-Natu And a documentary film got an Oscar. Let us inform that earlier this historic success has come to the part of India. In fact, on this day, March 30, 1992, the great man of Indian cinema Satyajit Ray To oscar life time achievement Received Honorary Award. However, in 1957, the film Mother India was the first Indian film to be nominated in the foreign language film category of the Oscars.
Please tell that the name of Satyajit Ray is written in golden letters in the pages of the history of Indian cinema. He was given the Bharat Ratna in the year 1992. Earlier in 1984, he was awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award. He made a total of 37 films in his career. His memorable films include Pather Panchali, Aparajito, Apur Sansar and Charulata. The American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences established the Oscar Award in 1929.
Other important events recorded on the date of 30 March
- In 1919, Mahatma Gandhi declared opposition to the Rowlatt Act.
- Rajasthan State was established in 1949 and Jaipur was made the capital.
- In 1981, US President Ronald Reagan was shot in Washington. Reagan was seriously injured in this incident.
- In 1992, Satyajit Ray was awarded the Oscar Life Time Achievement Honorary Award.
- In 1997, the Congress changed the government for the third time in a year and withdrew support from the HD Deve Gowda government.
- In 2003, the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara was opened in London. Thousands of people participated in this ceremony. It is said to be the largest Gurudwara in the world outside India.
- Co-accused terrorist Paramjit Singh Bhaura sentenced to life imprisonment in the 2010 murder case of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh.