The Income Tax Department has taken several concrete steps to make the process of filing Income Tax Return (ITR Filing) simple and easy. So that people do not have to face much trouble.
UPI and Credit Card : If you pay income tax, now you will be able to pay income tax easily through UPI and Credit Card. Because in the last two years, the Income Tax Department has taken several concrete steps to make the process of filing Income Tax Return (ITR Filing) simple and easy. So that people do not have to face much trouble. Income tax department (Income Tax Department) has also developed a new portal for form correction and filing of income tax returns. Apart from this, the Income Tax Department has tax payment (Tax Payment) has also introduced a new method, which taxpayers can now easily pay tax through UPI and Credit Card.
Under this new facility introduced by the Income Tax Department, any taxpayer can pay tax on the website of NSDL with the help of debit cards issued by authorized banks and net banking of 16 banks. In such a situation, if you do not have an account in these banks, then you may have a problem in paying tax, but you do not have to worry.
Under the new facility introduced by the Income Tax Department, tax can be paid through debit card, credit card, net banking facility, pay-at-bank counter, UPI and RTGS, NEFT.
How to pay tax
- First of all, you have to login to the e-filing portal using your login and password.
- Now select the option of e-pay tax from the menu of the e-file portal and click on the new payment option.
- You have to proceed by selecting the type of tax you want to pay.
- Now select the assessment year and select the year for which you are paying tax.
- After this, give information about tax breakup, such as information about tax, surcharge and cess etc.
- Now you will see credit card, net banking facility, pay-at-bank counter, UPI and RTGS, NEFT payment options.
- You can pay tax by choosing any of these payment options.
- Download the e-challan after the payment is done.
- The Income Tax Department will also inform you about tax payment through mail and SMS.
How much will be charged on tax payment
If you are paying tax from NSDL and Income Tax website, then you will not have to pay any charge for this. On the other hand, if you are paying tax through net banking, then some charges can be collected from different banks, which can range from Rs 5 to Rs 12.
English News Headline : Taxpayer can Pay Income Tax Through UPI and Credit Card.