In the kind of lifestyle we all are living today, there is a need to pay more attention to our health and fitness. And when it comes to children, the way they are using gadgets day and night, especially mobiles, laptops, tabs etc., their eyes are becoming prematurely weak. Here we are telling you some easy exercises to ensure that children’s eyes remain healthy and their eyesight also improves. This will not only keep the child’s eyes healthy, but will also make him feel relaxed.
- Rub the palms of both hands. When the palms become warm, place it gently over the eyes. Take a deep breath. Keep in mind that the pressure of the hands should not be too much. Leave it like this for some time. Do this process at least eight-ten times. This increases eyesight.
- The child should take a break in between studies and keep his eyes completely closed for some time. Do this five-six times a day. This gives relief to the eye muscles.
Also read: There are many side effects of beating children (There are many side effects of beating children)
- Lightly press the upper pupils of the eyes with your fingers. By doing this regularly, the eyes remain healthy and the child’s ability to concentrate increases.
- Rotate the eyes clockwise and anticlockwise. Also keep blinking your eyes occasionally. Ask the child to do this whenever he gets time during the day.
- Stand straight and look upward. Then slowly bend your eyes and look downwards.
- Ask to move the eyes continuously up and down. This improves the movement of the child’s eyes.
- Keep the thumb close to the face and look at it with concentration. After this, concentrate on some distant object. In this way, keep repeating the process of looking near and far.
- Ask the child to move his eyes left and right. Along with fun, it also keeps the eyes healthy.
Also read: Make children do yoga, so that all diseases stay away from them… (Yoga For Kids: Improve Your Child’s Physical And Mental Well-Being)
- If the child stays on the computer for a long time, ask him to blink rapidly ten-twelve times. Then keep your eyes closed for some time. Do this eye exercise at least four-five times a day.
- Sitting or standing in a relaxed position, concentrate on one point in front. Then slowly rotate the pupils in a circular motion. Then rotate to the left and then to the right. Do this easy exercise six-seven times.
- Children’s eyes remain active throughout the day. Sometimes studying, sometimes playing, mostly on cell phone. In such a situation, it becomes very important to give rest to the eyes. For this take two small towels. Dip one in hot water and the other in cold water. First, gently warm the eyebrows, closed pupils and cheeks with warm water. Do the same with cold water. Soak the towel once in hot water and then in cold water. Keep sponging alternately with hot and cold water. This will give relief to the eyes and also feel freshness.
Healthy Diet for Healthy Eyes
By paying attention to the diet of the child, his eyes can be kept healthy.
- Be sure to give pulses to children in their diet, especially kidney beans and black lentils. They contain zinc in abundance, which improves eyesight.
- Include almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios etc. rich in Vitamin E in the child’s diet. These help in improving eyesight.
- Give children green leafy vegetables to eat, which are rich in vitamins A, C and E. These strengthen the eye site.
- Also encourage children to drink plenty of water.
Also read: Spiritual Parenting: This is how today’s modern parents can make their children great children (How Modern Parents Can Connect With The Concept Of Spiritual Parenting)
Fruits beneficial for eyes
- Papaya contains abundant amounts of minerals, enzymes and antioxidants. This not only strengthens the eyesight but also removes other eye problems.
- Eating peach is also very useful for healthy eyes.
- Drinking apple, carrot and beet juice is also beneficial for eyesight.
– Usha Gupta
Subscribe now for one year digital edition of Meri Saheli for just ₹599 and get a ₹1000 ColorEssence Cosmetics gift voucher.