Urine infection can cause kidney failure
Urine infection is a very common problem but ignoring it is sometimes harmful for health, because it can be a sign of some serious disease and its increase can lead to kidney failure. In medical term it is called urinary tract infection or UTI. This problem can usually happen to both men and women, but this problem is seen more in women.
Why does UTI occur?
Dr. Ajay Kumar It is said that the problem of UTI causes difficulty in urinating and most of the UTI infections are caused by E-coli bacteria. This happens when there is bacterial infection in the bladder and its tube. If we talk about the reasons for its occurrence, they include-
– By having physical relations more often
– Having relationships with more than one person
– due to diabetes
– Not taking care of cleanliness
Bladder not emptying completely even after urinating
– due to diarrhea
– due to stones
– Due to changes in hormones during pregnancy
– Using contraceptive pills
– Due to weak immunity
– By using public toilet
– Due to reaction to a particular medicine
symptoms of uti
Although in this problem there is especially difficulty in passing urine, but apart from that many other symptoms can also be seen-
– Feeling severe pain or burning sensation while urinating
– Frequent urination but not able to urinate due to difficulty in passing urine
– Swelling at the place where you pass urine
– Changing the color of urine
– Blood in urine
– bad smell in urine
– pain in the lower abdomen
– mild fever
Do not ignore the symptoms
Doctors say that if there is urine infection, it should not be ignored, otherwise if the kidney gets damaged and the infection increases, it can lead to kidney failure. Apart from this, many problems may also increase which should not be ignored.
How to protect yourself from UTI
– Drink as much water as possible.
– Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake.
– Urine immediately after intercourse.
– Take special care of cleanliness.
– Avoid using public toilets, even if you have to, use only clean public toilets.
– Maintain cleanliness and use sanitary pads during periods.
– Wear only cotton underwear.
– Eat more raw green vegetables like carrot, lemon, cucumber and spinach.
– Use things like coconut water, buttermilk, lemon water.
– If you have diabetes, control it.