Childhood Obesity: Everyone around the world is troubled by obesity. Let us tell you, only 38 million children under the age of 5 in the world are victims of obesity. This includes 18 million children in India alone. This number is increasing day by day. If we talk about adults, India is included in the fifth place in the whole world regarding obesity. In 2016 alone, 135 million Indians were obese.
What will be the situation by 2030
According to UNICEF’s World Obesity Atlas, the situation in India is going to be very serious. In 2030, 27 million children could become obese. If we talk about the world level, then out of every 10 children in the world, 1 child will be from India.
28 lakh deaths worldwide
According to the National Family Health Survey, 2.1% of children under the age of five were obese in 2015-16. Talk about the same, 3.4% of children in 2019 were found to be overweight. According to research, it was found that due to the increase in population, this figure may seem low, but let us tell you, 28 lakh children have lost their lives due to obesity disease in the whole world.
What is the cause of obesity in children
- Today’s children stay away from physical activities.
- Eat dinner late at night. Don’t sleep on time with it.
- Children often consume only junk food.
- Spend more time on phone or system.
Also read: Arbi Leaves Benefits: This heart-shaped leaf cures heart disease, also reduces weight
So how to save children
- Give nutritious food to children. Nutritious diet is very important for children.
- Keep children away from soft drinks. Don’t eat junk food.
- Incorporate physical activity into their lives.
- Do not allow unnecessary use of mobile and computer.
- Make it a habit of children to go to bed and wake up on time.
- Teach them to build positive relationships.
Also read: Vastu Tips: Don’t forget to plant these plants in the premises of the house, otherwise life will pass in poverty, the blessings will stop
Obesity in children has become common in India. According to the specialist, this is a matter of great concern. This is one of the reasons why children are more likely to develop problems like type 2 diabetes, brain and kidney problems, liver diseases and cancer.
For all the news of the country and the world, subscribe to our YouTube channel ‘Web News India’ now. You can also follow us on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.